Tuesday, June 15, 2010

to blog or not to blog

Several years ago, when I first moved to Spain for my semester abroad, I considered writing a blog. Being the indecisive girl that I am, I asked my friend Sydney, "What do you think? Should I write a blog?". She, being quite decisive, told me "No, no one will ever read your blog". Ouch Syd, ouch. So instead I wrote a long series of e-mails detailing my experiences there (and now here). I may try to upload my Argentina mails, but well, I just don't know. Anyways, now that I'm a big girl, living in Argentina, I've decided to give this whole blogging thing a go. I do imagine though that Syd is right. My bets are that my mom and Howie will probably read my blog (my mom trying to be interested in whats going on in my life, Howie because he seems to read just about everything on the internet). I guess we'll see what happens...

9 comments:

  1. Hey!!! i'm gonna read your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. proof: moments after writing my second post, a certain boyfriend who had previously promised to read my posts was like "what? you want me to read this? its really long... and its in English... and I'm tired".

    ReplyDelete
  3. correction: you asked me if a blog was a good way to KEEP IN TOUCH with people, and i said no because its not. but its the BEST way to keep track of your experiences, whether abroad or not. i have like 8 blogs, and theyre for me more than they are for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - I am reading this and will continue to read it as I want to hear all about your adventures -whether mundane or exciting! Love, Mom
    PS Maybe the doorman thing is a class issue (or have I been hanging out with my sociologist pal, Rhonda too long?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rach,
    good to read about your advetures no matter what. I think of you a lot . I keep telling Josh he should come south and see you since he doesn't have any plans yet. Keep writing and be safe. LISA B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll read too! Love you, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading it, too, Rachel. You go girl! xox Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I'm so happy you started a blog! You better keep it up because I'll be reading every day! Love you <3 Slash ignore the last post because I accidentally used my work account...oopsie....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mi queriiida ex roomie..ahora yo tambien leo tu bloog y me mato de risa leyendo tus comentarios de argentina..claro q son cosas q para mi tan normal q no notaria q para vos son extraordinarias, raras o whatever...Y ahora q toy aca por sup..q me pasa lo misssmo y escriboo largos emails q supongo q no lo los leerian mas q mi mam, pa y algun q otro familiar muy querido..pero es q son tantas las cosas x tener de nuevas y creo q es un pais con muchisimas cosas buenas y una cultura muy diferente y buena x conocer..pero mas alla d todo..como extraño BA! no pensé q podía tener tantas cosas q no se encuentran en otros lugares..AMO LA VIDA DE ESA CIUDAD... =) bsote!

    ReplyDelete